The essential dignity of the Son, by whom God hath revealed himself in these last days: his preeminence above the angels in office.
1 GOD, who aat sundry times and in *divers *manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 bHath in these last days spoken unto us by chis Son, dwhom he hath appointed heir of all things, eby whom also he made the worlds;
- b: De. 18:15 , Ep. 1:10 , Ga. 4:4 , 1Pe. 1:20 , Jn. 1:14 , Jn. 1:17 , Jn. 15:15 , Matthew 4 , Acts 1
- c: He. 5:8 , He. 7:28
- d: Ps. 2:6 - 8 , Is. 9:6 , Is. 9:7 , Is. 42:1 - 7 , Is. 49:1 - 12 , Is. 53:10 - 12 , Ps. 22:27 - 31 , Psalms 45 , Psalms 21 , Psalms 96 - 100 , Psalms 110 , Psalms 118 , Psalms 89 , Mat. 28:18 , Lu. 2:11 , Jn. 3:35 , Jn. 13:3 , Jn. 16:15 , Jn. 17:2 , Ac. 2:36 , Ro. 8:17 , Phi. 2:9 - 11 , Col. 1:15 - 18
- e: Ps. 33:6 , Jn. 1:3 , 1Co. 8:6 , Ep. 3:9
3 Who being fthe brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and gupholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, hsat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 Being made iso much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, jThou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, kI will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And 1again, when he bringeth in the lfirstbegotten into the world, he saith, mAnd let all the angels of God worship him.
7 2And of the angels he saith, nWho maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, oThy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of 3righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 pThou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even qthy God, rhath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, sThou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 tThey shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but uthou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, vSit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all wministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be xheirs of salvation?
- w: Ps. 103:20 , Ps. 103:21 , Ps. 104:4 , Ps. 34:7 , Ps. 91:11 , Ge. 19:15 , Ge. 19:16 , Ge. 28:12 , Ge. 32:1 , Ge. 32:2 , Ge. 32:24 , Da. 7:10 , Mat. 18:10 , Ac. 5:19 , Ac. 12:7 , Ac. 16:26 , Lu. 1:19 , Lu. 1:26 , Lu. 2:9 , Lu. 2:13
- x: Ro. 8:17 , Ga. 3:7 , Ga. 3:9 , Ga. 3:29 , Ep. 3:6 , Tit. 3:7 , He. 6:12 , He. 6:17 , 1Pe. 3:7 , Ja. 2:5 , Mat. 25:34