Christ prayeth to his Father to glorify him; and to preserve his apostles in unity of faith, and from all evil; and to sanctify them with the word of truth: and for the perfect union of all believers, and their admission to a share of his glory in heaven.
1 THESE awords spake Jesus, and blifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, cthe hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 dAs thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should egive eternal life to fas many as thou hast given him.
- d: Da. 7:13 , Da. 7:14 , Mat. 11:27 , Mat. 28:18 , Jn. 3:31 , Jn. 3:35 , Jn. 5:22 , Jn. 5:27 , He. 1:2 , He. 2:8 , He. 2:9 , Ep. 1:20 - 23 , Phi. 2:9 - 11 , 1Co. 15:25 , Ps. 110:1
- e: Jn. 17:24 , Jn. 4:14 , Jn. 6:27 , Jn. 6:54 - 57 , Jn. 10:28 , Jn. 11:25 , Jn. 11:26 , 1Co. 3:22 , Ac. 5:31 , Is. 53:10 - 12 , Col. 3:3
- f: Jn. 6:37 , Jn. 18:9
3 gAnd this is life eternal, hthat they might know thee ithe only true God, and Jesus Christ, jwhom thou hast sent.
- g: 1Jn. 5:11
- h: Is. 53:11 , Je. 9:23 , Je. 9:24 , 1Jn. 5:20 , 1Co. 2:2 , Phi. 3:7 - 11
- i: De. 6:4 , Jn. 10:30 , Jn. 14:9 , Jn. 14:10 , 1Co. 8:6 , 1Ti. 2:5 , 1Ti. 2:6 , 1Th. 1:9
- j: Is. 48:16 , Is. 61:1 , Mar. 9:37 , Lu. 4:18 , Lu. 4:43 , Lu. 9:48 , Jn. 3:16 , Jn. 3:34 , Jn. 5:36 , Jn. 5:38 , Jn. 6:27 , Jn. 6:29 , Jn. 6:57 , Jn. 7:29 , Jn. 8:42 , Jn. 10:36 , Jn. 11:42 , Jn. 17:8 , Jn. 17:18 , Jn. 17:21 , Jn. 17:23 , Jn. 17:25 , Ro. 8:3 , Ga. 4:4 , 1Jn. 4:10
4 kI have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, lglorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which mI had with thee before the world was.
6 nI have manifested thy name unto othe men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and pthey have kept thy word.
- n: Jn. 17:7 , Jn. 17:14 , Jn. 17:26 , Jn. 1:18 , Ps. 22:22 , He. 2:12 , Is. 61:1
- o: Jn. 17:2 , Jn. 17:9 - 12 , Jn. 17:14 , Jn. 17:16 , Jn. 17:24 , Jn. 10:27 , Jn. 10:29 , Jn. 15:19 , Jn. 18:9 , Jn. 6:37 , 2Ti. 2:19 , Ro. 8:30 , Ro. 11:2 , Ac. 13:48
- p: He. 3:6 , Ps. 119:11 , Pr. 23:23 , 2Ti. 1:13 , vs. 3 , Re. 2:13 , Re. 3:3 , Re. 3:8 , Re. 3:10 , Jn. 8:51
7 qNow they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8 For rI have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9 sI pray for them: tI pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for uthey are thine.
10 vAnd all mine are thine, and thine are mine; wand I am glorified in them.
11 xAnd now I am no more in the world, but these are in ythe world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, zkeep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, athat they may be one, bas we are.
12 While I was with them in the world, cI kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but dthe son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13 eAnd now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14 fI have given them thy word; and gthe world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest hkeep them from ithe evil.
16 jThey are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
- j: Jn. 17:14
17 kSanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 lAs thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 mAnd for their sakes I nsanctify myself, that they also might be 1sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for othese alone, but for pthem also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all qmay be one; ras thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: sthat the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
- q: Jn. 17:11 , Jn. 17:22 , Jn. 17:23 , Ac. 2:46 , Ac. 4:32 , Ro. 12:5 , Ep. 4:3 - 6 , 1Co. 1:10 , Ga. 3:28 , 1Jn. 1:3
- r: Jn. 1:18 , Jn. 5:19 , Jn. 5:23 , Jn. 10:30 , Jn. 10:38 , Jn. 14:9 , Jn. 14:10 , Jn. 14:22 , Jn. 17:11 , Jn. 17:12 , Phi. 2:6 , 1Jn. 5:7
- s: Jn. 13:35 , Jn. 14:10 , Mat. 5:16 , Ac. 4:13 , 1Co. 14:24 , 1Co. 14:25
22 And tthe glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 uI in them, and thou in me, that they may be made vperfect in one; and wthat the world may know that thou hast sent me, and xhast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
- u: Jn. 14:23 , 1Jn. 2:5 , 1Jn. 4:12 - 17 , Ga. 2:20 , Ro. 8:11 , Col. 2:9 , Col. 2:10 , Jn. 14:10 , Jn. 14:20 , Jn. 6:57 , Is. 42:1
- v: Jn. 17:21 , He. 11:40 , He. 12:23 , Col. 2:2 , Phi. 3:15 , Ep. 4:12 , Ep. 4:13 , Ep. 4:16
- w: Jn. 13:35
- x: 1Jn. 3:1 , 1Jn. 4:19 , Je. 31:3 , Ep. 1:6 , Jn. 17:24 , Col. 1:13 , Mat. 3:17
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, ybe with me where I am; zthat they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me abefore the foundation of the world.
25 O righteous Father, the world bhath not known thee: cbut I have known thee, and dthese have known that thou hast sent me.
26 eAnd I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me fmay be in them, and I gin them.